A typical day at a shopping mall involves running up and down, browsing through different kinds of stuff and occasionally buying items you've picked from different aisles. But that's not all, after buying you then have to follow a rather lengthy procedure where you queue in line waiting for your turn at the checkout counter. But what if you could do all your shopping and not have to go to the checkout counter? It'd be great right?
If this sounds like something stripped off a futuristic movie script to you, then you've probably not heard of the RFID card. In this quick guide, we are going to explore what it is and the various benefits to be relished if you have one.
What is RFID?
RFID is a technology where digital data that’s encoded onto smart labels and RFID tags is captured by radio waves.
The RFID technology is employed in a number of industries to perform tasks such as:
- Asset tracking
- ID Badging
- Inventory management
- Counterfeit prevention
- Personnel tracking
- Supply chain management
Benefits of an RFID Card
- An RFID card is easy to install
- It can easily be replicated and therefore increases security tremendously
- It can store up to 2 KB of data which is far much more than other devices
- It is easy to use
- It is for the most part weatherproof
- You can reprogram and program the card with new security requirements in as long as you have the right tools
- The card is made in such a way that it is only readable if you have a special piece of equipment
- When you enter a locked room with the card the system immediately notes the date, time and activity
- Thanks to their popularity on the market, you can find an RFID card supplier just about anywhere
- The RFID card price is a bit too hefty
While there are a few drawbacks to the RFID technology including the hefty RFID card price, they are not entirely deal breakers. If you are looking for a suitable card for all your RFID needs, we are the best to go to RFID card supplier in town.